Oil Royalty Calculator
Oil Royalty Calculator
Use our free Oil Royalty Calculator to determine the value of your royalties. Your oil royalties may be worth a significant amount of money if you decide to sell them. Before you can sell oil royalties, you want to figure out how much they could be worth. To determine the value of oil royalties, enter the average monthly amount you receive on your royalty checks into the oil royalty calculator below:
Sell Oil Royalties
Once you’ve used our free oil royalty calculator above to determine how much your royalties could be worth, you may be interested in selling oil royalties. A quick google search shows you that there are hundreds of websites offering to buy royalties. Which one do you pick? Before you sell oil royalties, are a few important thing to you need to know about selling oil royalties.
- Large Market: To ensure you get the highest value, you need to sell where there is a large market of buyers. Why? When you put your oil royalties in front of a large market of buyers, they will compete to pay you the highest price. This turns into more money in your pocket at the end of the day!
- We Buy Royalties Websites: Many websites offering to buy your royalties will make you offers that are far below fair market value. Don’t get scammed! If you want to sell oil royalties, stay away from “get an instant offer” type websites.
- Timing: Selling oil royalties does not have to be a time involved process. There are a lot of buyers in the market willing to pay top dollar for your royalties, you just need to get your property in front of them so they can bid.
The best place to sell oil royalties is through US Mineral Exchange. The reason is that they will get your property in front of thousands of mineral rights buyers from all over the country. By listing your property with US Mineral Exchange, you will ensure that you get the best price for selling oil royalties. From the oil royalty calculator above, you have likely seen the price you can get by listing your property online.
Factors Affecting Royalty Value
You saw from the oil royalty calculator that your royalties could be worth anywhere from 4 years to 6 years of the amount you receive each month. That’s a pretty big range! The reason is that your royalties could be affected by a number of different factors. Each of these factors will play a role in how much you can sell oil royalties for. Your oil royalties could be worth more or less than the range the oil royalty calculator provides as well in certain situation.
Here are some of the factors that affect the value of selling oil royalties:
- State / County
- Surrounding Production
- Decline Curve
- Useful Economic Life
- Royalty Check Consistency
- Oil and Gas Prices
- Future Drilling Possibilities
As you can see, there are a lot of factors that will determine the value of oil royalties. The oil royalty calculator above will give you a rough idea of the value, but the only true way to know the value is to put your royalties on the market and see what they can bring.
Questions about calculating the value of oil royalties?
If you are receiving royalty income and have questions, fill out the form below. We’ll help you better understand your royalties: